This is an unpaid, for academic credits internship.
We are seeking a Videographer intern at Z80 Labs that will be working on our monthly speaker series. This is your opportunity to develop and demonstrate your talents as a Videographer with a friendly, creative and dynamic team in the heart of Buffalo! The videographer will shoot footage and assist in editing. The videographer will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. He or she will transport, set up, and operate equipment; and assist with staging, set preparation and dressing. The videographer will work closely with the Managing Director to execute the concept through to completion. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in video. Current college students who have experience in campus television projects, hands on experience operating camera equipment through class work, or experience filming and editing video are encouraged to apply.
- Develop an introduction clip (bumper) and closing clip for our speaker series that includes music.
- Coordinating and securing necessary equipment.
- Transport, set up, and operate equipment.
- Staging, set preparation and dressing.
- Film each fireside chat from 2-3 angles along with mic’d audio from a big room or outdoor venue.
- Produce a final video combining the camera angles of the fireside chat with an intro and closing clip. Example format we admire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6NpHbMFaQ8
- Publish final videos to YouTube.
- Obtain B-roll and interviews of Z80 startups.
- Willingness to take initiative and offer perspectives on how to increase outreach and engage viewers
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to research and fact-check content.
- Flexibility and a good sense of humor
This internship is eligible for school credits. This is an unpaid internship. College credit is offered if desired; intern is responsible for obtaining necessary approvals from their university. Intern will be responsible for all transportation costs and personal health insurance. Graduate and post-graduate students may also apply.
You will be collaborating closely with the Managing Director. All assignments add value to our community, our company and to your development as a professional in the field. An internship with us will allow you to network with a lot of people working at startups from the Buffalo-Niagara Medical Campus Innovation Center where Z80 Labs, 43North, and d!g are headquartered. We are looking for assertive, energetic and creative people to join our team! Send a cover letter, resume, and samples of your work to email@example.com